The latest DEXA whole body scanning technology is now available in the Busselton region. The most current innovation in bone densitometry and body composition is now available with the lowest dose.The MediDR System employs a very low dose dual energy x-ray absorptiometry to measure Bone Mineral Density (BMD), Bone Mineral Content (BMC), T-score, Z-score and Area.
Indications for the test include:
- Measurement of bone density of patients aged70 years or older;
- Confirmation of clinical diagnosis low bone density following fracture after minimal trauma;
- Monitoring of proven low bone density and assessment of bone loss associated with certain chronic diseases and prolonged glucocorticoid therapy.
The new scanner is capable of scan times <1 minute and all Medicare rebated studies are bulk billed.
The MediDR System is also one of the leading and most accurate scanners to measure body composition to assist doctors and dietitians managing patients with chronic diseases. The technology is also widely used by exercise physiologists to optimise athletic performance and potential by calculating;
- Bone Mineral Content, Mass & Area
- Muscle – Density, Mass & Area
- Fat – Density, Mass & Area
- Fat %, Lean %, Bone %
- Andriod/Gynoid Ratio
- VAT – Visceral Adipose Tissue
- Fat Mass Index
- Basal Metabolic Rate
- Colour mapping image for visualising fat density/areas